TheraNest users with Organization Administrator rights are able to set up how they wish to pay. Service types or Income.
Bill by Service Rates (default)
- In the primary navigation bar click Organization → Settings →Service Types tab
- In the Service Type field enter name your service. The name should be a client friendly name. No need to enter in the CPT code name here. That will come later. Your clients will see this service types on billing documents as well as the client portal. Do not use things like "tier 1 rate" or "discounted rate", "new rate" etc.
- Enter in rate for that service. The rate is a per unit rate. This will come into play with Time Units below.
- Enter in a CPT code if desired. You can find CPT codes by typing part of the code number or name in the CPT code text box as it will auto fill.
- Code Modifiers can be entered by typing the letter or number that corresponds to the code and the rest will populate below. This is usually dictated by your payer.
- Choose a Time unit option:
- The first bubble does not look at the appointment length. Regardless of how long the appointment on the calendar is it will always bill the number of units in the box. The number of units in the box multiplied by the dollar amount you entered in the rate field will be your invoice line item amount for that service.
- The second bubble does look at the length of the appointment. If you say to bill 1 unit for every 60 minutes and you charge a $50 per unit rate then you'll charge $50 an hour. It will automatically be calculated for you on the invoice.
7. Click the green Save button near the bottom.
Bill by Income
- In the primary navigation bar click Organization. You will be navigated to the Settings tab.
- Locate the Bill Clients by field.
- Click on the dropdown and click Income Based.
- Click the green Save button in the right corner. Allow page to refresh.
- After saving, go to the Income Based Payment Amounts tab.
- Enter payment ranges starting with the lowest pay range first.
- Enter in a minimum and maximum for each range.
- Enter in a payment amount for each range.
- Click Save
Note: You can set a default payment amount for an individual client on the Client Details page. Just enter the default amount in the Set Payment Amount field and click Save.
This amount will override the Payment Ranges or Service Types set organization-wide when you create an invoice for this client. Of course, you can still enter any amount you want during invoice creation.