Only Organization Administrators can invite clients to the client portal. Inviting clients to the client portal is how you send intake forms for the first time.
Before You Begin
You will not be able to use the same email address/client portal login for multiple clients. This is to avoid HIPAA violations and protect patient security.
TheraNest provides three intake forms by default.
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Informed Consent for Psychotherapy
- Standard Intake Questionnaire
You can adjust the forms by clicking Edit in the Actions column.
Invite & Send Intake Forms
- Click Organization in the primary navigation bar
- In the sidebar menu click Client Portal. Make sure you're on the Settings tab.
- Scroll down till you see Manage Clients and use the search box to find your client. You can select/invite multiple clients at a time.
- If the client's row is white that means they do not have a portal account and you can invite them and send intake forms to them. If they are highlighted in green then you will need to resend forms to them.
- Mark the box next to their name and click the Invite to Client Portal button
- Review the invite message that will be sent to clients. You can add and remove any text from the message as well as use the placeholders to populate information in your message. You can even mark the box to save it for later use.
- On the right you'll see the available intake forms to submit to your clients. Be sure to select the intake forms that are applicable to the clients you are inviting.
- Once your message has been crafted and intake forms selected: Click Preview Invitation to review the invite message as it will appear to the clients and the selected intake forms.
- Click Invite to Client Portal button.
See all these steps in action as well as the client's perspective in this video:
Was the Invite sent successfully?
To check if the invitation was sent successfully you can download the past 30 days invitation history from TheraNest. This is located in the invite tool above the "invite clients to portal button." It will download into a CSV document containing the client's name, email address, status, sent by, sent on, the message, and the intake forms that were selected.
Check Portal and Intake Form Status
Again, clients who have successfully created a client portal account will appear in green in the Manage Clients section. If a client you invited to the portal is not showing in green you can always invite them again.
For clients who did create a client portal account, you can manage their individual settings such as the ability to schedule appointments or send secure messages. You can also see if they have successfully submitted their intake forms. Intake forms that were submitted successfully will be uploaded to the client's General Documents tab on their profile.