You can void a client's credit card charge before the charge has settled with their bank via the Credit Card Charges Report.
1) Click Reports > Billing > Credit Card Charges.
2) The report will pull the current month's transactions by default; adjust the Transaction Date Range to see additional dates.
3) You can filter the report by clicking any of the column headers to sort data ascending or descending; and you can type in the search fields in the headers to narrow your search results.
4) Click Void in the Actions column to the right of the payment to remove the payment from the application and stop the charge.
5) A confirmation message will appear to confirm the void. Voiding a charge will remove it from the report.
If the transaction status is Settled, it is only possible to issue a refund.