You will need Billing Permissions to set a Reauthorization Reminder
Before You Begin
Only the staff members assigned to the client will receive the authorization reminders. If you are a biller or admin and you are NOT assigned to the client then you will NOT receive the reminder notification.
The reauthorization reminder can be set by date or specific number of kept sessions. Or both.
The reauthorization reminder counts down the number of KEPT sessions from the day you enter in the number. So if the client was authorized for 10 visits and you've already had 1 visit with them you'll want to enter in the number 9 to not count that initial visit in the reminder.
As kept sessions occur this number will remain unchanged in appearance but it is in fact counting down.
You can enter a date the Authorization Expires. You will receive a notification or email 7, 30, and 60 days out from the authorization. One last notification will be sent when the current authorization expires. It will be sent out 5:00 A.M. your local time.
Steps to Set Reauthorization Reminder
Part 1: Make Sure You're Setup to Receive Alerts
- Click on your name in the top-right corner
- Click on My Profile
- Click on the Preferences tab
- Under General Preferences mark the boxes:
- Alert me when someone else changes a calendar event
- Email me when someone else changes my schedule
These alerts mention calendar changes but they also apply to the reauthorization reminders as well:
5. Click Save
Part 2: Enter in Authorization Information
- Navigate to your desired client.
- Click on the Bill to & Insurance info tab.
- If no insurance is listed add insurance. If insurance is listed click Edit next to the insurer you need to update.
- The field Authorization end date can be clicked on for a date selected if you wish to set the reminder by Authorization End Date. To set it by number of sessions the field; Set Reauthorization Reminder (sessions) and enter in the number of visits they were authorized for as well as any other information pertinent to that insurer and client.
- In the top right, click Save.