If you're enrolled for credit card processing in TheraNest, you can batch charge credit card transactions. You will need Billing permissions to use Batch Payments; therapists with Billing permissions will only see their own clients.
1) Navigate to Billing > Batch Payments.
The Batch Payment Wizard tab in this section is where you create new batches; you can batch credit card payment transactions processed in TheraNest at this time; therefore Batch Payment Type and Payment Method are selected for you in step 1 of the wizard: Select Payment Details.
Only full payments for sessions can be batched; no partial payments can be processed using this feature.
2) Add a Payment Number for the batch which will assign the same number to all payments in the batch; or leave the field blank and individual payment numbers will be automatically assigned to each payment in the batch. Click Next.
3) Step 2, Select Open Invoices, finds invoices with a Client Amount Due based on the service date for the session.
You can adjust the Service Date Range as needed, click the column header names to sort by them, and search within the headers to find specific sessions needing payment.
Select sessions in the left column and click Next.
Note: A client's credit card will have had to be charged/authorized initially before using Batch Payments. An indicator will let you know if there's no card on file for the client, or if the client's card hasn't been charged prior.
The client's default credit card is the card that will be charged if multiple cards are stored.
4) At step 3, Confirm Batch Payment, review the client sessions and Total Amount Paid for this batch and click Submit Batch Payment.
Batch payments process in the same manner as individual credit card payments and will not be posted until 4:00PM CT on the same day charged, or 4:00PM CT on next day (if the batch was created after 4:00PM). Batches can be voided until posted.
5) You'll be brought to the Batch Payment History tab, where a confirmation message will appear at the top right of the screen. You can see the completed batch payments on this tab along with their Batch Payment Id.
Any errors for problems processing the cards will show next to the Batch Payment Id number in the Batch Payment History; use your mouse to roll over the batch Id to see details.
Voiding Batch Payments
From the Batch Payment History tab it's possible to void a batch of payments using the Void button in the Actions column on the right so long as the batch hasn't settled.
To void or refund individual payments within the batch, click the Batch Payment Id to get to the Credit Card Charges report.
You can sort the Batch Payments History tab by Pending, Posted and All transactions.
Here's a short video to walk you through Batch Payments.