For clients whose providers are using Telehealth, preparing for your upcoming Telehealth appointment is quick and easy!
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of video and audio technologies to support long-distance
services between providers and their clients.
What is TheraNest?
TheraNest is a practice management application that I use to organize my
appointments, notes, and billing. TheraNest is HIPAA compliant and secure.
Do I need a specific internet browser?
If you’re using a Desktop or Laptop, we recommend:
We recommend the below if you’re using a tablet or mobile phone:
- Android - Google Chrome
- iOS 11 or newer (iPhone or iPad) - Safari
What equipment do I need to join a session?
You’ll need the below to join a Telehealth (online therapy) session with your provider:
- A computer, tablet, or phone (no applications or software to download).
- An external or integrated webcam.
- An external or integrated microphone.
- An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over Wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider. You can check your internet speed here.
- Shut down all background applications to ensure Telehealth receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
How do I join our session?
To join from the URL: copy and paste the URL link you receive from your provider into an internet browser window.
To join from the Client Portal: click your Appointments tab, find your appointment, click "Start Session."
Allowing Camera and Microphone Access
Your internet browser should prompt you to "allow" camera and microphone access. This is a critical step! Otherwise, your provider will not be able to see or hear you in the session. If you have trouble allowing access, this guide can help.
When you first join the session, you will be in the virtual waiting room. This is where you will enter the name you want your provider to use, as well as check your settings to make sure you are using a strong internet connection and have good video and audio connectivity.
If you don't see the blue button, that means your provider has not yet joined the session on their side. This will update as soon as they join the session. Once you click the blue button, you will be joining your provider in the session!
Will our sessions be recorded?
No. TheraNest does not allow for session video or audio to be recorded.