Note: Payments can be accepted at any time from a client, even if client does not have any outstanding invoices. In such cases, any payments accepted will show as a credit / open payment on the client's ledger. Same goes for any overpayments.
Accept a payment at the time of service or from the Agenda:
- Click Add Invoice on the Agenda
- Click the blue Apply button.
- Edit amount if needed, set payment method, enter notes if needed. Click Save.
4. Client Payment is selected as a default – you can also choose Insurance Payment to apply a payment from a specific insurance provider if the client has insurance on their record.
Apply payment to the invoice by MARKING the box next to the invoice. Click SAVE.
Accept Payment on the Ledger
- Go to the client's Ledger
- Click the Blue Accept Payment Button
- Client Payment is selected as a default – you can also choose Insurance Payment to apply a payment from a specific insurance provider if the client has insurance on their record.
- Enter the amount of the payment in the Total Amount field, or just begin clicking the check boxes next to the sessions you'd like to make payments for, and this field will be calculated for you
- Enter the payment type under Payment Method
- Be sure to check the boxes next to the Service Dates you wish to apply payments to so the payments are applied to these particular sessions and not as an open payment/credit
Note: Checking these boxes when Client Payment is checked will set the payment amounts to the Client Amount Due/co-pay, unless this amount has already been paid
- If you are making a payment that is less than the Client Amount Due, be sure to enter this amount in the Payment on the right. This field defaults to the client amount due/co-pay.
- Check the Co-Payment box if this payment should be applied as a co-pay
4) As you scroll down the screen, a window will keep track of the total payment to be made. Click Save here or at the top right of the page to save your payments.