Telehealth sessions will be clearly marked the agenda, calendar, and clients appointment list.
Only the therapist on the appointment will be able to start the session.
On the agenda and calendar you will see a camera icon next to the appointment indicating the session is a Telehealth Session. You can simply click on the video camera icon to start session. See below:
The client's appointment list will indicate if the session is Telehealth. Click on the drop down next to the client that says "Telehealth Session" to see the option to start the session.
From Client Appointment List:
If this is your first session your browser should ask permission to use your Microphone and Camera. You must say ALLOW.
If you do not receive the prompt above then you will want to make sure your browser settings allow for you to use your camera/microphone.
- Click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your browser window.
- Choose Settings
- Scroll down and click to show Advanced
- Click on Content Settings
- Make sure "Ask before Accessing" is listed below and Camera and Microphone and that it does not say BLOCKED. See what it should say below:
When the session begins your audio and video will be defaulted to off. You will need to manually switch those on for the client to see and hear you.
Each session has a limit of 3 hours. Your 3 hours will begin from the first time you click "start session." Even if you leave the call and come back your 3 hours continues to count down. You will automatically logged off from the session at the 3 hour mark.
You can not start more than one Telehealth session at a time and you must choose "End Session" to start a new Telehealth session with a different client. See video for more information:
Is Telehealth in TheraNest HIPAA compliant?
Yes. We take your data security seriously and encrypt all your information by HIPAA standards and are HIPAA compliant. Your data is continually and securely backed up. We use Amazon for Hardware and physical security because they are HIPAA compliant and have to follow many rules and that helps us with compliance. TheraNest does not record or store the audio or video from Telehealth sessions.
What equipment do I need to offer Telehealth sessions?
You’ll need the below to offer Telehealth sessions in TheraNest:
- A computer, tablet, or phone (no applications or software to download).
- An external or integrated webcam.
- An external or integrated microphone.
- An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over Wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider. You can check your internet speed here.
You should shut down all background applications to ensure Telehealth receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
Do you recommend specific internet browsers?
If you’re using a Desktop or Laptop, we recommend:
We recommend the below if you’re using a tablet or mobile phone:
- Android - Google Chrome
- iOS (iPhone or iPad) - Safari