Having trouble with a telehealth session? Here are our troubleshooting tips.
1) What kind of device and browser are you and your client using?
Please use the following on a tablet or mobile phone:
- Android: Google Chrome
- iOS 11 or newer (iPhone or iPad): Safari
2) What were the results of the client's connectivity test before they entered the session?
You'll both need an internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an ethernet cable over wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider. You can check your internet speed here.
3) Have you and your client both given your browser permission to use your camera and microphone?
You and your client will both need:
- An external or integrated webcam.
- An external or integrated microphone.
You may also want to check out these links on how to start a session:
For clients: https://help.theranest.com/telehealth/telehealth-for-clients/client-how-to-join-telehealth-session
For providers: https://help.theranest.com/telehealth/articles-that-guide-both-staff-and-administrators-on-subscribing-and-using-telehealth/therapist-how-to-start-a-telehealth-session
4) Have you (the provider) clicked Start Video and Umute in the telehealth window?
The video and audio will be turned on for your client automatically.
5) A "You already have an active Telehealth session" message when starting a new telehealth session means you haven't ended a previous session.
Look for indicators that you're still in a session at the top and bottom of your browser window.
If you don't see these indicators you can reopen your previous telehealth session, click End Session (rather than Leave Call), and you should be able to start a new session.
6) Have you sent your client a telehealth session link via Facebook Messenger?
In this case, the "browser" is embedded in the app. When launching the link from Facebook using Chrome for example, you'll want to click the menu dots to opt to open in Chrome:
Contact us at 800-867-7405 if you're still having trouble -- please tell us:
- What kind of device and browser are you using?
- What kind of device and browser is your client using?
- What were the results from the client's connectivity test before they entered the session?
- What were the results of your speed test?